Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap


     Homemade Laundry Soap

So last year I started searching for homemade laundry soap recipes. I stumbled across a recipe on The Duggar Family Website. It was for a liquid laundry detergent and seemed simple enough to make so I tried it. While it was extremely cost effective and quit simple to make I wasn't thrilled with it. It did work, however it was messy, and just looked disgusting. I continued searching for other options and came across a recipe for a powdered detergent. It does not make as large of a batch but it works great, it's easy to make and simple to store. I found a winner!



Ingredients:
1 Bar of Fels Naptha Bar Soap (grated)
1 C. Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 C. Borax


Shred or grate the bar of Fels Naptha soap. (I have found that putting it into the food processor turns it into a nice fine powder). Next add 1 C. of the Super Washing soda and 1 C. of Borax.
That's it!! Super Simple and very cost effective!

1 batch makes approximately 64 loads
Use 1 TBL.  for normal sized loads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love & Leave A Comment